Do hospitals provide free DNA testing for newborns?

Q: How do you get the testing done before the father signs the b-certificate? Will insurance pay for it?

A: You can go to social services for child support and if you are having an issue with the paternity then they will provide the DNA test for you. You can at least try. Good Luck and God Bless.

Otherwise I do believe that it can run from $300-$600 depending on where you are.

I don’t think insurance pays for DNA testing. You don’t have to put a father on the birth certificate right away.
My son doesn’t have one on his and we had to go to social services to get DNA testing done. He still doesn’t have a father on his birth certificate but his father pays support now.
When I was born they didn’t my fathers name on mine. They didn’t do it until I was around 14. So I know that you don’t have to right away, you can add it later.